The ACT Chief Minister and Treasurer Andrew Barr handed down the territory budget on June 27, 2023.
Funding highlights for community groups and social sector services included:
- $60 million to establish an Affordable Housing Project Fund to expand social and affordable housing in the ACT
- $80 million to extend the Sustainable Household Scheme
- $15 million in increased funding for the community sector based on a 5.25% indexation rate increase
- $9.4 million for frontline domestic, family and sexual violence services including additional support for the Safer Families Assistance Program. $2.7 million will be offset by the Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence National Partnership Multilateral Agreement
- $7.8 million to support local start-ups and innovators through additional funding to the Canberra Innovation Network and the continuation of the Innovation Connection grant program
- $430,000 in 2023–-24 to increase support for refugees and asylum seekers, including additional funding for Red Cross family settlement assistance grants programs.
It's still unclear when or how this money will trickle down to not-for-profits and community groups, but we'll be keeping our eyes peeled for grant updates relevant to Funding Centre members.
In the meantime, log in to your Funding Centre account and sign up for alerts to be among the first to know where the money is flowing, and to search for and manage your grant applications using the dashboard tool.
Questions? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org