Treasurer Stephen Mullighan handed down the South Australian budget on June 15, 2023.
Funding highlights for community groups and social sector services included:
- $142.8 million in relief measures in addition to the $51.6 million assistance package announced in the 2022–23 mid-year budget review. The package includes:
- $20,000 Housing Re-establishment Grants to assist with flood damage repairs and the replacement of essential items
- $10,000 Small Business Industry Support Grants to help small businesses to meet clean-up and reinstatement costs
- $75,000 Primary Producer Recovery Grants to assist affected agribusinesses with essential recovery and reinstatement activities
- $5000 per eligible household to assist with reconnecting electricity, gas, water, septic or sewer services through the Essential Services Reconnection Property Assessment Program
- $57.2 million over four years to support non-government organisations in maintaining social services to South Australians in the face of higher wage and inflation costs
- $20.7 million in further funding for the Major Events Fund which includes the Leisure Events Bid Fund
- $9 million for equipment and capital grants to support TAFE SA and not-for-profit and industry-based providers in relation to infrastructure, equipment and technology
- $6 million to deliver improved public facilities and community services in outback townships including community development programs
- $5.5 million to continue the Future Drought Fund to 30 June 2026
- $4 million over four years for food relief organisations
- $3.2m to establish a peak body for Aboriginal children and young people
It's still unclear when or how this money will trickle down to not-for-profits and community groups, but we'll be keeping our eyes peeled for grant updates relevant to Funding Centre members.
In the meantime, log in to your Funding Centre account and sign up for alerts to be among the first to know where the money is flowing, and to search for and manage your grant applications using the dashboard tool.